The Archive is Limited aims to bring detailed information to the public about multiples, prints, artist’s books and films in order to be able to compare not only qualities and prices, but also to use the site as a historical archive describing the artist’s attitude and the development during his or her career.
The Archive is Limited brings works together, either signed or unsigned as indicated, that are authorized by the artists involved.
The Archive is Limited comments in short what each edition is about.
- The publisher of each item shown is the original seller unless stated otherwise.
- Items marked as sold may still be available after your request for more details has been received by email.
- Availability is not stated of works that are part of the private collection of Kees van Gelder. Please enquire about details.
- A PayPal button guarantees that the item is available for sale.
- Introduction price in the year of issue is the price at which a new edition was offered to the public for the first time. This starting price may be compared to current price settings in order to detect its growing value during the years.
- In case of “not available” it is recommended to contact us for more detailed information.
- Items are sold with the Margin Scheme, i.e. a Dutch tax system in which legally V.A.T. is not specified.
- It is recommended to contact the publisher before a work is purchased. A not too old edition could (still) be found much cheaper there. For assistance you may contact rabie.basraoui(et)gmail.com or thora.johansen(et)bifrons.nl
- Illustrations of the artist’s works with texts – including related works – aim to create an educational effect, i.e. without a photo this would not be achieved in detail.
- Although all purchased items are carefully checked before these leave the gallery it may occur that an item doesn’t meet the buyers’ expectations. Within reasonable time and proof it is more than possible to get it refunded or replaced after it has been factually returned to the gallery in Amsterdam, Netherlands.