RICHARD ARTSCHWAGER, BLP, 1978
each 22,2 x 8,9 cm
2 stickers, text on envelope (10,4 x 24 cm)
published by Clocktower, New York, USA, 1978
€ 1.650,- plus € 18,- Track & Trace registered mail
The two stickers, one in white and one in black, come in an envelope with offset printed text from an original type written description used for his installation at the Clocktower in New York, 1978.
In 1967 Richard Artschwager (1923 – 2013) introduces his Blips for the first time as an oval-shaped graffiti sign. These signs have been installed either vertical or horizontal as a device to focus on or draw attention to e.g. an empty gallery wall or a building front not commonly receptive for art.
Richard Artschwager first created his blps, pronounced as “blips” in the late 1960s. These installed black pill shaped forms or marks were meant to inspire focused looking and draw our attention to the places and things around us that often go unnoticed.